Workshop Supervisor - Rotowaro Mine 10165
- Rotowaro Mine
- Excellent Career Development Opportunity
- No industry experience required
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produced over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. About 80 percent of our production is used for steel making of which one third is used by a local Kiwi steel mill. Our high-quality, thermal-grade coals fuels are used to help drive the engines of many iconic South Island food and dairy businesses.
The Rotowaro coalfield and opencast mine is the second largest opencast coal mine in New Zealand and is located 10km west of Huntly. We are also only 40km from Raglan and 40km from Hamilton – the city life or the beach life are both accessible from our mine.
While industry experience is great, we don’t require it from you to get a start in this role. This could be your first step into the mining industry, and with good technical experience and a great attitude, we can help to develop your mining career.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Workshop Supervisor’s role is to coordinate and lead the wider mobile maintenance team to deliver a comprehensive maintenance service to the Rotowaro mining operation.
Day to Day Duties
This is an important position within the maintenance team. You’ll lead the maintenance crew to carry out repairs and servicing on all Bathurst equipment, and assist with repairs and servicing on hired plant.
You’ll also be expected to support the Maintenance Superintendent in the day to day running of the workshop, and fill in, in the absence of the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Conduct inspections where required on plant, equipment and facilities.
- Ensuring health and safety underpins all workshop operations and practices.
- Working with the maintenance planner to ensure all planned maintenance activities are completed in an acceptable time frame.
- Standardizing and streamlining workshop procedures and processes.
- Ordering of parts and components to support cost effective and efficient service delivery.
- Timely, reliable and cost-effective repair and maintenance services.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- 5+ years with a Mobile Plant background
- Trades qualification in Diesel or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Advanced computer skills and good understanding of computerised maintenance management systems.
- Have a current New Zealand Driver’s license
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
To apply - CLICK HERE
We are in an ideal position to support and develop careers for those looking to work in an exciting part of New Zealand's natural resources sector. In return we offer you an overriding commitment to safety and zero harm, a supportive work environment, a residential lifestyle, and a competitive remuneration package.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.