Truck & Light Vehicle Mechanic - Rotowaro Mine
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people.
Our Rotowaro mine, located 10km west of Huntly and we are looking for a Truce & Light Vehicle Mechanic to provide comprehensive maintenance service of our transportation fleet of heavy and light road vehicles.
The purpose of the Truck & light vehicle Mechanic is to provide a comprehensive maintenance service to the Rotowaro Mining Operation by performing mechanical fitting services to the Rotowaro transportation fleet. Fuelling and lighting equipment in order to ensure all is safe and fit for operation, this includes but is not limited to, heavy road vehicles, light road vehicles and lighting plants.
Repairing and servicing must comply with NZTA Road Regulations and Guidelines. All Repairing and servicing must also comply with all relevant Bathurst and Health & Safety systems, procedures, and policies.
Skills & Requirements
- NZ recognised Heavy Vehicle Trade
- Light Vehicle NZQA Level 3
- Experience leading and supervising trade staff
- Robust understanding of Med / LV Vehicles, Lighting plants.
- Experience servicing and maintaining to OEM standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to schedule multiple activities
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
This is a residential based role. Candidates will be required to live locally or be willing to relocate.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a pre-employment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.