Truck & Light Vehicle Mechanic- 10162
Truck & Light Vehicle Mechanic
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produced over 1.8 million tonnes of coal last year and proudly employ over 550 people.
Our Rotowaro mine is located 10km west of Huntly where we are seeking a Truck & Light Vehicle Mechanic to join our team.
This is a Permanent, full time position reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Truck & Light Vehicle Mechanic provides comprehensive maintenance services to the Rotowaro mining operation. Performing mechanical fitting services to the transportation fleet of heavy and light road vehicles, it’s responsible for ensuring our fleet is safe and fit for purpose. It’s a critical role, that all mining operations hinge from, so we need capable, motivated and professional hands on the tools!
You’ll know all about repairing and servicing of heavy and light vehicle fleets and have experience complying with NZTA Road Regulations and Guidelines. You will understand the importance of complying with all relevant Bathurst Health & Safety systems, procedures, and policies and have an upstanding health and safety history of your own.
You want to be part of a high performing team and committed to providing support to others while performing your role with professional care. You’re proud of what you do and want to make a difference.
Skills & Requirements
- NZ recognised Heavy Vehicle Trade
- Light Vehicle NZQA Level 3
- Robust understanding of Med / LV Vehicles, Lighting plants
- Experience servicing and maintaining to OEM standards
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to schedule multiple activities
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- Bathurst commitment to H&S and Zero Harm runs deep, and through everything we do
- Your development opportunities are supported from day one, with an eye on the next steps in your career
To Apply - CLICK HERE
Bathurst Resources/BT Mining is committed to maintaining the health and safety of our team. Accordingly, applicants for this role will be asked to participate in a number of pre-employment checks. You will also be required to pass an alcohol and drug screening test, complete a satisfactory medical examination, and authorise us to complete a criminal history check. We may also require you to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in New Zealand.