Training Coordinator - Rotowaro-10197
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. About 80 percent of our production is used for steel making of which one third is used by a local Kiwi steel mill. Our high-quality, thermal-grade coals fuels are used to help drive the engines of many iconic South Island food and dairy businesses.
The Rotowaro coalfield and opencast mine is the second largest opencast coal mine in New Zealand and is located 10km west of Huntly. We are also only 40km from Raglan and 40km from Hamilton – the city life or the beach life are both accessible from our mine.
Be Safe – Be Accountable – Be a Team – Be Real
We can offer you:
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Commitment to providing a safe working environment
- Excellent team environment
- A company that lives by its core values
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Training Superintendent, the Training Coordinator will support the team to ensure all mining and related activities are carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety At Work Mining and Quarrying Operations Regulations 2016. There’s also a requirement to create / maintain Site Safety Management documents, review annually for currency and alignment with Corporate Safety Management Plan/Principal Hazard focus.
The role will require you to prepare, design, facilitate, monitor, evaluate all training activities in support of the site Training Needs Analysis (TNA) including compliance, competency, proficiency training and assessment in line with the Bathurst Training Standard.
The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar position and will have a formal qualification in Health and Safety or be willing to study towards one.
Skills & Requirements
- A diploma level qualification in Training/Assessment
- Certification 4 in Training and Assessing is desirable
- 5 years' experience in an industrial workplace training environment, preferably mining operations
- 3 years supervisory training / coordinator role
- Appropriate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations
- Knowledge / experience in Adult Education
- Mobile equipment operator experience desirable
- Process compliant
- Valid New Zealand Drivers Licence or equivalent
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to Health and Safety
- Ability and support to progress within the business
To apply - CLICK HERE
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.