Senior Mining Engineer - Stockton Mine
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
To Strengthen our Technical Services Team, we are filling several positions of:
Senior Mining Engineer
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring production targets are met whilst maintaining a safety conscious, efficient, cost-effective and innovative work ethic.
Key duties will include
- Undertake Medium Term Planning responsibilities for the operation, including mine design and scheduling activities;
- Take accountability and responsibility for the operation you are planning;
- Monitor mining performance against short and mid-term schedules to ensure waste movement and coal flow schedules meet budgeted movement.
- Present weekly plans clearly and concisely to colleges, mid and upper management and communicate critical paths, risks and opportunities.
- Investigate opportunities and develop new projects to achieve optimal utilisation and maximum value from the Stockton coal resources and to extend the economic life of mine.
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a similar position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
To be successful in the role you will have
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the mining industry
- Extensive experience as a mining engineer preferably in a coal operation
- Significant demonstrated experience in planning and scheduling
- Desire to support continuous improvement
- Extensive experience in mine planning software such as Vulcan or Deswick
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Culture and Benefits
We are in an ideal position to support and develop careers for those looking to work in an exciting part of New Zealand's natural resources sector. In return we offer you an overriding commitment to safety and zero harm, a supportive work environment, a residential lifestyle (5/2) and a competitive remuneration package.
This role is located in Westport on the West Coast of the South Island and the successful candidate will be required to relocate to this beautiful part of New Zealand. Working and living on "the coast" offers a unique lifestyle. The spectacular native forests, mountain rivers, lakes and seacoast offer outstanding recreational opportunities such as fishing, skiing, tramping, kayaking and mountain biking.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV including a cover letter to email@example.com
Bathurst Resources/BT Mining is committed to maintaining the health and safety of our team. Accordingly, applicants for this role will be asked to participate in a number of pre-employment checks. You will be required to provide us with confirmation that you have been vaccinated against Covid-19. You will also be required to pass an alcohol and drug screening test, complete a satisfactory medical examination, and authorise us to complete a criminal history check. We may also require you to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 31 January 2022