Resource Geologist - Christchurch or Waikato-10212
Bathurst Resources Ltd, is an ASX listed company and owns some of New Zealand’s largest mines. We have a long history of coal production and producing high value specialist coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers. We proudly employee over 550 employees located across New Zealand.
Be Safe – Be Accountable – Be a Team – Be Real
We can offer you:
- Awesome team spirit and culture
- Working in amazing environments with diverse and complex deposits
- Position to be based at any of the companies’ sites across New Zealand
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements
You are the type of person who likes to get stuck in! You have the ability to manage, analyse data, attention to detail and build three dimensional geological models.
You can account for multiple variables and work streams and incorporate them to produce the best quality output.
Reporting to the Manager Domestic Resources, this role provides Geological and resource modelling services for the Resource Development Team. This includes updating of geology and mining models for resource and reserve estimation to JORC standards, compiling public reports to meet JORC requirements, planning coordination, and supervision of exploration programmes & infill drilling, geoscientific data collation, validation and interpretation, and mine geology reconciliation, & develop geological maps and plans based on field observations and surveys.
We are in an ideal position to support and develop careers for those looking to work in an exciting part of New Zealand's natural resources sector. In return we offer you an overriding commitment to safety and zero harm, a supportive work environment, a residential lifestyle (5/2) and a competitive remuneration package.
What you will bring to the role:
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a similar position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or comparative relevant qualification
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in the resource exploration or mining sectors
- At least 3 years’ experience in resource estimation and geology modelling roles
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations
- Has a strong working knowledge of exploration techniques and a thorough understanding of drilling and sampling techniques
- Experience in using geological modelling software and databases, Maptek Vulcan and Acquire database experience preferred
- Experience in reporting resources in accordance with the internationally recognised reporting codes would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the Resource Development Team
- Strong commitment to safety
The Resource Development Team has an exciting portfolio of projects, focused on the planning, and development of open cast coal mines and greenfield minerals projects.
To apply - CLICK HERE
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.