Mine Surveyor - Rotowaro Mine
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. We have an opportunity for a Mine Surveyor based at our Rotowaro mine located 10km west of Huntly.
We are filling the role of
A great opportunity exists for a Mine Surveyor in Bathurst Resources North Island opencast operations. Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, this role is based at the Rotowaro Mine near Huntly and Hamilton on a 5:2 roster.
Provide surveying services and support to Rotowaro Mine mining operations by creating accurate physical measurement to support control of mine plans.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Under guidance of the Senior surveyor, you will contribute to:
- mine set out including haul roads, bulk earth works cut development
- engineered landform construction
- blasting patterns
- stockpile reconciliations
- slope monitoring programs
- give direction to the mining operations
this ensures that all mining is executed according to the specific mine design at Rotowaro and Maramarua Mines.
To be successful you will have:
- A Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Surveying or similar
- Experience in use of GPS and Total Station survey equipment.
- Experience with Laser Scanning Survey equipment
- A high level of general computer skills
- Ability to Communicate well with others
- Competent level of fitness and outdoor skills.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to health and safety
- Ability to work independently
- Intermediate expertise in database use
- Full drivers licence
Benefits and Culture
- Market leading pay
- Personal health insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
To apply - CLICK HERE
Bathurst Resources/BT Mining is committed to maintaining the health and safety of our team. Accordingly, applicants for this role will be asked to participate in a number of pre-employment checks. You will also be required to pass an alcohol and drug screening test, complete a satisfactory medical examination, and authorise us to complete a criminal history check. We may also require you to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in New Zealand.