Mine Operator - Maramarua 10039
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produced over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. About 80 percent of our production is used for steel making of which one third is used by a local Kiwi steel mill. Our high-quality, thermal-grade coals fuels are used to help drive the engines of many iconic South Island food and dairy businesses.
Our Maramarua Mine is an opencast mine which produces a low-ash, low sulphur thermal coal for the domestic market. It is located in the Waikato region 20km south of the Bombay’s (Auckland) or 50km from Thames (Coromandel) – you get to choose if you want the city life or the coast life.
Be Safe – Be Accountable – Be a Team – Be Real
Our team in Maramarua are looking for permanent full-time Mine Operators to join the team. Reporting to the Mine Supervisor you will operate a range of mobile heavy equipment and vehicles.
We can offer you:
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Commitment to providing a safe working environment
- Excellent team environment
- A company that lives by its core values
What’s in it for you:
- Attractive pay based on skills and experience
- Travel Allowance on offer
- You will work a rotating roster of day and afternoon shifts (6 and 5 roster)
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy - Health and Life Insurance
- Permanent position and guaranteed hours
- Growth and development opportunities within a supportive team
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience operating heavy mobile machinery, multi skilled operators will be highly regarded.
- Suitable heavy machine operating experience
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, but your colleagues also
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
- Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
How to apply
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please
Please note successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.