Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Stockton Mine 10091
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produced over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. About 80 percent of our production is used for steel making of which one third is used by a local Kiwi steel mill. Our high-quality, thermal-grade coals fuels are used to help drive the engines of many iconic South Island food and dairy businesses.
The Stockton Opencast Mine is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
Situated in the heart of the Buller region our employees enjoy a balance of work and leisure with local pursuits including a variety of water sports, mountain-biking, tramping, fishing, community activities and much more.
Filter out all the other roles, put an end to the exhaustive search, and inject yourself into this one – we’ve got the job for you!
This is a permanent, full-time position, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Heavy Diesel Mechanic role is a challenging one and requires professional pride as our fleet of CAT haulage trucks, utility vehicles, load shifting equipment are maintained and repaired. It’s a critical role, that all mining operations hinge from, so we need capable, motivated and professional hands on the tools!
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Trades Qualification as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Experience in the Mining Industry preferred
- Experience on our specific on-site equipment is highly regarded
- CAT777 Trucks
- Hitachi 1200/1900's excavators
- Komatsu dozers
- A strong Health and safety focus
- Proven diagnostic skills on heavy equipment
- Excellent attendance record
- Tidiness and good housekeeping is a must have
The Mobile Plant Team is a department with a variety of on-going tasks, focused on maintaining a productive mobile plant fleet.
Culture & Benefits
- 7-on-7-off Tue-Mon (10 hour shifts, 7 day shifts, rostered off) or;
- 5/2 Mon-Fri (10 hours) rotating days and afternoon shifts
- Pay rates up to $52 per hour
- Accommodation organised from start and assistance finding permanent accommodation
- Private Medical Insurance fully funded for employees and reduced rates for family members
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Transport to and from work (from the Westport Area)
- Profit Share Arrangement
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply by clicking on the below link.
To Apply - CLICK HERE
Please note successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We will begin shortlisting for the role as we receive applications and may choose a successful candidate prior to the close date. Advertising will run for 30 days or less if the role is filled prior.