Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Rotowaro Mine 10199
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produced over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. About 80 percent of our production is used for steel making of which one third is used by a local Kiwi steel mill. Our high-quality, thermal-grade coals fuels are used to help drive the engines of many iconic South Island food and dairy businesses.
The Rotowaro coalfield and opencast mine is the second largest opencast coal mine in New Zealand and is located 10km west of Huntly. We are also only 40km from Raglan and 40km from Hamilton – the city life or the beach life are both accessible from our mine.
Filter out all the other roles, put an end to the exhaustive search, and inject yourself into this one – we’ve got the job for you!
This is a permanent, full-time position, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Heavy Diesel Mechanic role is a challenging one and requires professional pride as our fleet of Cat haulage trucks, utility vehicles, load shifting equipment are maintained and repaired. It’s a critical role, that all mining operations hinge from, so we need capable, motivated and professional hands on the tools!
The roster for this position is, 6 on and 3 off, rotating days/nights and 11.25 hours per shift.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Trade qualification in Heavy plant AUS/NZ Recognised Trade Certificate
- Experience in the Mining Industry preferred
- Experience on our specific on-site equipment is highly regarded
- CAT Haul trucks 777 & 789, D10 D9 D8 Dozers, 16H Graders
- Komatsu, Hitachi & Liebherr excavators (PC4000, ZX470 ZX225, R984, R994, R9250, R9400. Sandvik Drills)
- A strong Health and Safety focus
- Outstanding troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- Ability to read schematics
- Previous experience conducting component change-outs / breakdowns and fault finding
- Sourcing technical information from available reference manuals, OEM, and computer- based systems
- Excellent attendance record
- Tidiness and good housekeeping is a must have
- Valid and relevant Driver's Licences
Culture & Benefits:
- Pay rates between $44.67 and $52.50 depending on education, experience and other skills
- Tool Allowance
- Health and life insurance
- Bathurst commitment to H&S and Zero Harm runs deep, and through everything we do
- Your development opportunities are supported from day one, with an eye on supporting the next steps in your career
This is a residential-based role. Candidates will be required to live locally or be willing to relocate. Relocation support is offered to the right candidate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply using the ‘CLICK HERE’ button now.
To apply - CLICK HERE
Please note successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.