Graduate Geologist - Stockton Mine
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
Our Technical Services Team are looking for fill a Fixed-Term position for three months, January 2022 to March 2022 and require a:
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this role provides Geological services for the Technical Services Team and/or Coal Resource Development. This includes assisting with planning and coordination of Exploration programmes and Coal Quality Drilling, on-site supervision of drill crews, CQ sampling, develop geological maps based on field observations and surveys.
The successful candidate will ideally be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
To be successful in the role your will:
- Be studying for at least two years towards a bachelor’s degree in Geology or comparative relevant qualification.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations.
- Have a strong knowledge of exploration techniques and an understanding of drilling techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of the Technical Services Team.
- Strong commitment to safety.
The Technical Services Team is a department with a variety of on-going tasks, focused on the planning and development of the open cast coal mine.
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment and Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.