Bathurst Resources Ltd is New Zealand's largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people.
To strengthen our Technical Services Team, we are filling the position of:
This role can be based at one of our mine sites either in the South Island or Waikato Region NZ
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will support Bathurst Domestic Operations strategic objectives by the provision of geotechnical engineering skills and services to opencast projects, operations (Southland and Waikato Region), and developments.
Key duties will include:
- Providing site operational and technical staff timely design and construction advice to achieve and maintain stable landforms;
- Geotechnical inspections and design audits of opencast operations;
- Opencast stability assessment and design including field investigation programs, structural analysis, kinematic assessments, soil and rock mass characterisation, slope stability analysis and development of pit and final landform design criteria;
- Assessment and remedial design for areas of slope instability including review of slope monitoring data and movement thresholds; and,
- Assist with developing and maintaining trigger action response plans (TARPs) and Principal Hazard Management Plans relevant to ground and strata instability.
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a similar position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Degree in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology;
- Relevant operational and design experience in opencast mining preferably in a coal operation;
- Proficient at using mining and geotechnical software such as Vulcan, SlopeW and RocScience suite;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to train and mentor junior staff to enhance site based geotechnical skills;
- Desire to support continuous improvement; and,
- Commitment to health and safety and teamwork.
Culture & Benefits
We are in an ideal position to support and develop careers for those looking to work in an exciting part of New Zealand's natural resources sector. In return we offer you an overriding commitment to safety and zero harm, a supportive work environment, a residential lifestyle (5/2) and a competitive remuneration package.
To apply - CLICK HERE
Bathurst Resources/BT Mining is committed to maintaining the health and safety of our team. Accordingly, applicants for this role will be asked to participate in a number of pre-employment checks. You will also be required to pass an alcohol and drug screening test, complete a satisfactory medical examination, and authorise us to complete a criminal history check. We may also require you to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in New Zealand.