Fixed Plant Fitter - Rotowaro Mine 10181
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal mine company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. About 80 percent of our production is used for steel making of which one third is used by a local Kiwi steel mill. Our high-quality, thermal-grade coal fuels are used to help drive the engines of many iconic South Island food and dairy businesses.
The Rotowaro coalfield and opencast mine is the second largest opencast coal mine in New Zealand and is located 10km west of Huntly. We are also only 40km from Raglan and 40km from Hamilton – the city life or the beach life are both accessible from our mine.
Be Safe – Be Accountable – Be a Team – Be Real
We can offer you:
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Commitment to providing a safe working environment
- Excellent team environment
- A company that lives by its core values
The purpose of the Fixed Plant Fitter is to provide a comprehensive maintenance service to the Rotowaro Mining Operation by preforming mechanical fitting services to the Rotowaro Processing equipment to ensure the Fixed Plant is safe and fit for operation.
This could include but is not limited to Conveyors, rollers, Crushers, gearboxes, Screening and Wash Plant. All Repairing and servicing must comply with all relevant BRL H&S systems, procedures and policies.
Key duties will include:
- Workshop is maintained in a secure, tidy and safe condition
- Plant and equipment are maintained in good working order
- Actively engage and participate in daily tool box meetings in a timely and professional manner
- Safety performance as measured by safety indices and compliance
- Documentation and recording of data required
- Ensure effective resource availability and allocation, ensuring the availability of necessary plant.
- Active promotion of safe work practices.
- Reporting accidents/incidents immediately to the Maintenance Supervisor and assisting in preparation of written accident investigation reports.
- Ensure compliance and document of all daily/weekly workshop/plant safety inspections. Identify potential hazards and appropriate remediation.
- Undertakes other relevant duties and special projects at the instruction of the Maintenance Supervisor
What you will bring to the role:
- Relevant trades qualification
- Any mining relevant H&S qualification
- 5+ years’ experience working on similar plants and equipment
- Welding and fabrication experience an advantage
- Diagnostics and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven ability to work as a team member
To apply - CLICK HERE
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.