Trainee Operators - Stockton Mine
Bathurst’s Stockton Opencast Mine is located on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 kilometers north of Westport.
Stockton Mine is re-launching its very successful Traineeship Programme which is intended for people from the Buller District who have no or limited Heavy Mining Equipment skills and experience, but who have the desire to become a safe and competent Heavy Mining Truck Operator, together with the necessary drive, work ethic and commitment to make it happen.
TRAINEE Heavy Mining Vehicle Operator - 16 Weeks Fixed-Term
Trainee Operators will undergo a formal structured 16-Week Trainee Programme which will be conducted in accordance with the Stockton Mine Training System.
The Operator Traineeship Programme is inherently a temporary stand-alone Training Programme. Acceptance into the training programme does not imply any intention or guarantee of an offer of on-going employment on completion of the training programme.
The Training Programme will comprise of:
- Generic mine induction and mine site familiarisation.
- Service Bay and Service Truck Experience
- Equipment Operator training on either Rigid Dump Trucks (777) or Articulated Dump Trucks (740) for load and haul operations.
While not operating or training on plant, Trainees will undertake relevant labouring activities.
To apply for this training and upskilling opportunity you must demonstrate:
- A commitment to working safely
- Willingness to following procedures and standards.
- A proactive work ethic and
- The ability to work a Roster including night shift.
If you have a genuine desire to be a competent Mining Operator, and you live in the Buller District, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be required to undergo Pre-Employment Medical Assessment and Drug and Alcohol Testing.
Applications close 26th November 2021