Stockton Mine - Geologist
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this role provides Geological services for the Technical Services Team and/or Coal Resource Development. This includes assisting with planning and coordination of Exploration programmes & Coal Quality Drilling, on-site supervision of drill crews, core logging, CQ sampling, Geoscientific data collation, validation and interpretation, designing and implementing Drill programmes, assisting in updating of models for resource estimation and Mine Geology Reconciliation, & develop geological maps based on field observations and surveys.
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a similar position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or comparative relevant qualification
- At least 1-3 years’ experience as a Field Geologist
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations
- Has a strong working knowledge of exploration techniques and a thorough understanding of drilling and assaying techniques
- Experience in using geological modelling software and databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the Technical Services Team
- Strong commitment to safety
The Technical Services Team is a department with a variety of on-going tasks, focussed on the planning and development of the open cast coal mine.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close: 2 July 2021
A Pre-Employment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.