Stockton Mine - Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
Reporting to the Mobile Plant Supervisor, this role is responsible for maintenance and repairs for all mobile mining plant and equipment, with a commitment to comply with Health, Safety and Environment standards.
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a similar position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
Pay rates up to 48 per hour
Current Roster Options:
- 7-on-7-off Sat-Fri (12 hours shifts, 5 night shifts every 4 weeks)
- 5/2 Mon-Fri (12 hours) rotating days and afternoon shifts
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Trades Qualification as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Experience in the Mining Industry preferred
- A strong Health and Safety focus
- Proven diagnostic skills on heavy equipment
- Excellent attendance record
- Tidiness and good housekeeping is a must have
The Mobile Plant Team is a department with a variety of on-going tasks, focussed on maintaining a productive mobile plant fleet.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 2 July 2021
A Pre-Employment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.