Stockton Mine - Senior Health and Safety Adviser
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
Reporting to the HSEC Manager, this role will support the site to ensure all mining and related activities are carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Mining and Quarrying Operations Regulations. You will also be responsible for the coordination and continuous improvement of our Health and Safety Management System.
Day to Day Duties
Additionally, this position includes the evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of site occupational health and safety activities, and management of OHS system standards/procedures and the monitoring and evaluation of mine contractors and their obligations to comply with the statutory and company requirements.
The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar position and will have a formal qualification in Health and Safety or be willing to study towards one.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Formal education in OH&S and/or Training
- Certification in Incident Investigation and Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Thorough understanding and proven application of OHS Legislation
- Broad range of OHS experience preferably in the Mining Industry
- Experience in Risk Management Practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with writing safety procedures and managing their implementation
- Strong commitment to safety
- Valid New Zealand Drivers Licence or equivalent
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 2 July 2021
A Pre-Employment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.