Rotowaro Mine - Boilermaker - Maintenance Workshop
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people.
Our Rotowaro mine is located 10km west of Huntly is set to increase production and we are looking for Boilermaker to assist in Maintenance Workshop our operation.
The purpose of the Boilermaker is to undertake boilermaker duties for the mobile maintenance workshop on mobile plant, equipment and facilities and is responsible for, light fabrication, general welding and repairs.
In addition, completes inspections and routine minor maintenance of the mining fleets buckets, blades, frames and trays.
Skills & Requirements
- Trade qualified with a Certificate in Engineering Fabrication level 4 or similar industry qualification
- Holds current industry welding ticket/s for metal arc welding (MMA) in all positions
- MIG and TIG welding tickets
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience in welding, engineering and fabrication work.
- Previous mining industry experience in a fitter-welder or boilermaker role
- Experience repairing and maintaining mobile plant and equipment.
- Familiar with non-destructive testing processes and crack identification in machine structures and attachments.
- Safety conscious
- Methodical and precise.
- Competent with computer technology
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- A high level of energy and motivation with a desire to achieve results
- Someone who lives or is willing to relocate near Huntly, i.e. Franklin, Hamilton.
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- Permanent position with job security
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send a copy of your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.