Group Manager Health Safety and Training
Bathurst Resources Limited is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We are committed to sustainable development where economic growth is coupled with respect for conservation and community values.
Bathurst has five operations across New Zealand with 550+ employees, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers for international and domestic markets.
We offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognise and develop our employees.
We are seeking an experienced Group Manager Health Safety and Training for our Health, Safety Environment & Community team.
Reporting to the Health, Safety Environment and Community General Manager, your role will be responsible for managing the health, safety and training function of the operation in line with New Zealand legislative requirements to achieve established business targets in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday roster that can allow for a residential lifestyle. The position has flexibility to be based in any of our offices or our operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The championing and development of safe work behaviours and practices across the sites and implementation of programs to successfully facilitate this
- Leading a culture that promotes safety as a way of life
- Delivering and monitoring safety and health strategies and initiatives
- Maintaining the continuous improvement of the Bathurst Health and Safety Management System
- Coaching and providing advice on compliance with all health and safety legislation, Bathurst’s Health and Safety Management Policy and Standards and other relevant industry standards
- Overseeing the Bathurst fitness for work program
- Managing the risk assessment program and safety and training audits
- The overall management of successful incident investigations and initiating and driving changes in procedures and equipment as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- 10+ years’ experience as a health and safety specialist preferably within mining or heavy industry
- Qualifications in training and assessment
- Lead auditor qualification
- Demonstrated commitment to safety as a way of life
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to champion internal databases and programs
- Ability to follow industry and company policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Thorough understanding of risk management principles and extensive experience working with health and safety management systems, auditing, incident reporting and incident investigation
- Possess a "can do" attitude and have a strong commitment to cultural change initiatives.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send a copy of your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 23 October 2020
A preemployment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
You must have the right to legally live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.