Rotowaro Mine - Maintenance Superintendent – Mobile Plant
This role is responsible for the overall management and supervision of mobile plant workshop and its associated areas.
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal annually and proudly employ over 500 people.
Our Rotowaro mine is located 10km west of Huntly, and we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Superintendent to join our experienced and professional mining team.
The Superintendent for mobile plant is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the mobile plant workshop and its associated areas. Their responsibilities include Is responsible for ensuring all Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures are in place are followed, maintenance plans and strategies are developed, in place and efficiently executed and is responsible for development and management the maintenance budget and associated expenditure.
Skills & Requirements
- Actively promote safe work practices and contribute positively to the development of standards and procedures.
- Participate in hazard awareness and risk controls discussions and properly use the required risk management tools to assist in hazard identification and control (e.g. SWPs, Take5, JHAs, Permit to Work, SWOs).
- Take decisive action to ensure all issues and concerns for both; people and equipment, are promptly managed and reported up as required.
- Provide leadership and coaching to establish a strong culture of continuous improvement.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships through engagement, communication and motivation to develop a highly productive workforce.
- Monitors supervisor performance and wider workforce productivity taking the necessary action to coach, assess and reorientate team with targets to meet their objectives.
- Monitor, review, manage and recruit labour resources to maintain adequate levels of productivity and efficiency to consistently meet operational demands of the mining operations (specific to maintenance).
- Maintain SOP’s, Policies, Risk Assessments, Principal Hazard Management Critical Controls Compliance Audits and Principal Control plans.
- General monitoring of maintenance documentation for, accuracy, quality, consistency and the timely execution of corrective actions.
- Updating and maintaining Pronto, INX modules and inspection Matrixes.
- Develop, review and revise maintenance strategies to maintain high levels of productivity, reliability and availability of the mining fleet.
- Championing the MOC (management of change) process and creating sustainable change and improvements to maintenance process, people and equipment.
To be considered for this role
- You must 5-10 years’ mechanical maintenance experience within a large Heavy earthmoving environment.
- Level 4 /5 Automotive Heavy Engineering Plant and equipment or equivalent qualification.
- Hold a current WorkSafe NZ Certificate of Competency (CoC) as Mechanical Superintendent or is willing to obtain.
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety.
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills and experience in the mining industry.
- Have Incident investigation skills such as ICAM investigator.
- Proficiency in using Pronto or a similar computerised maintenance management system.
- Excellent skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- A high level of energy and motivation with a desire to achieve results.
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a pre-employment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.