Maramarua Mine - Maintenance Administrator
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people.
Maramarua is and opencast mine located in the Waikato region of New Zealand producing a low-ash, low sulphur thermal coal for the domestic market.
Provide a professional level of administration and clerical support services to the Maramarua Maintenance and Management team. Duties include but not limited to:
- Support health and safety across the mine to achieve zero harm.
- Duties to support the Maintenance Manager and workshop staff.
- Familiarise yourself with the site Standard Work Practices (SWPs), in particular the departmental specific processes and prompt departmental management to ensure annual reviews of departmental SWPs occur as per annual planner.
- Collect all risk management tools (e.g. Take5, SWPs, JSEAs) and inspection paperwork from team members and input data into relevant data capture and reporting spread sheets.
- Ensure the delivery of all maintenance operations is in accordance with the applicable environmental legislation and company procedures and report immediately any potential or actual breeches.
- Assist with the preparation of reports by entering relevant data into the various sub-systems.
- Utilise appropriate procurement practices for the procurement of administrative supplies.
- Provide information/data/reporting as agreed with your supervisor to measure purchasing activity.
- Effectively plan and schedule work as part of a team to ensure required outcomes are achieved and priorities are met.
- Accurately and timely enter and process data of personnel, labour, assets, material and activity-based information into site databases and systems
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing via discussion, two-way radio, telephone, meetings email and mail.
- Process purchase requisitions and receipting of goods and services in a timely manner consistent with company policies.
- Support purchasing best practise programs, values and strategies
- Develop competence and proficiency in the usage of Pronto inventory and procurement applications and practices, monitor the level of competence of others and provide or arrange training as required;
- Foster positive relationships with key stakeholders through regular communication.
Skills and experience required
- Customer and team drive with professional manner.
- Secondary Education NZEA Level 2
- Preferred Diploma or degree qualified in business administration
- Experience with information/database management
- Preferred Mine Site Based Administration or equivalent
- Ability to accurately collect and record data
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Applications including Access, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Safety orientated
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send copy of your updated CV and cover letter to careers@BathurstResources.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment, Drug and Alcohol Testing and Ministry of Justice checks.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position, Successful applicants must be willing to relocate.