Rotowaro Mine - Operations Pit Supervisors
We are seeking experienced Mining Pit Supervisors with a proactive approach to coordinating and overseeing the daily activities of mining operations.
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people.
Our Rotowaro mine is located 10km west of Huntly and we are looking for two Mine Operations Pit Supervisors to join the team.
The Pit Supervisor reports to the Operations Mining Superintendent
The purpose of this role is to coordinate and oversee the day-to-day activities of the mining operations and or rehabilitation operations to deliver operational results in line with the Rotowaro mine plan and budget requirements whilst complying with Bathurst/BT Mining’s safety and environmental standards.
Day to Day Duties
- Leading daily shift-wide operation meetings
- Responsible for the day to day on-site Health and Safety
- Managing operators and allocating tasks
- Ensuring that targets are met, and quality is maintained.
- Providing training and ensuring operators consistently meet standard operating standards
Skills and Requirements
- B-Grade Certificate of Competence or currently in-training towards a COC
- Experience working in an open cast coal mine is critical
- Experience leading staff in a mine or quarry essential
- Experience managing site operations
- Understanding of environmental management
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a pre-employment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.