Rotowaro Mine - Workshop Supervisors
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. Our Rotowaro mine, located 10km west of Huntly is set to increase production and we are looking for two Maintenance Supervisors to join the team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor’s role is to coordinate and lead the wider mobile maintenance team to deliver a comprehensive maintenance service to the Rotowaro mining operation.
Day to Day Duties
- Leading the maintenance crew to carry out repairs and servicing on all Bathurst equipment and assist with repairs and servicing on hired plant.
- Support the Maintenance Superintendent in the day to day running of the workshop and assume leadership in the absence of the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Conduct inspections where required on plant, equipment and facilities.
- Ensuring health and safety underpins all workshop operations and practices.
- Overseeing and organizing the workshop job program.
- Working with the maintenance planner to ensure all planned maintenance activities are completed in an acceptable time frame.
- Standardizing and streamlining workshop procedures and processes.
- Ordering of parts and components to support cost effective and efficient service delivery.
- Timely, reliable and cost-effective repair and maintenance services.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- 5+ years in the mining industry with a Mobile Plant background
- Trades qualification in Diesel or Mechanical Engineering
- In-depth understanding of NZ HSW Act 2015, Mining Operation Regulations 2016
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Advanced computer skills and good understanding of computerised maintenance management systems.
- An uncompromised commitment to Health and Safety
- Have a current New Zealand Driver’s license
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and a pre-employment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.