Graduate Geologist Programme - Takitimu, Maramarua and Rotowaro Mines
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people. We are looking for three graduates to join our Graduate Geologist Programme across three mines.
Reporting directly to the Mine Geologist of each mine, the Graduate Geologist will provide support to the mining operations including data acquisition and interpretation, communication of geological information and survey duties.
You will have the opportunity to work across three of our mines Takitimu Mine – Nightcaps Southland, Maramarua Mine - Waikato and Rotowaro Mine – Waikato, rotating every 6 to 12 months.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Assist with geological and geotechnical mapping and data collection
- Aid in the assessment of geotechnical hazards and the communication of these to operational staff and management
- Undertake coal sampling for coal quality purposes
- Assist in the undertaking of exploration programs including drill rig supervision, and core logging and sampling
- Provide survey assistance and survey control for operations
Sound good? Here's what we want from you
- University Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Geology or Earth Sciences
- 1-2 years experience is a bonus
- A high level of general computer skills
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to health and safety
- Ability to work independently
- Full driver license
Benefits and Culture
- Monday to Friday working week
- Personal health insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
To apply for these roles please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your preferred site.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close Tuesday 29 October 2019.