Canterbury Mine - Environmental and Community Coordinator
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 450 people. Our Canterbury Mine is located near the town of Darfield, 40km west of Christchurch. We are looking for an Environmental Community Coordinator to join our operation.
Reporting directly to the Mine Manager, the Environmental Community Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that mining and related activities at Canterbury Coal are carried out in accordance with the relevant Resource Consents and Permit requirements. The Environmental Community Coordinator will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with local and central Government, Iwi and community groups.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Undertake regular site environmental inspections and document site environmental performance.
- Undertake site environmental sampling as required.
- Continually educate selected site personnel on environmentally responsible work practices.
- Ensure audit and inspection schedules are undertaken and relevant reports are completed with corrective action plans.
- Meet regularly will landowners and affected parties developing a good working relationship.
Sound good? Here's what we want from you
- 2-5 years’ experience in Environmental, Resource Management, Natural Resources Science or Mining Resources Management
- Relevant degree in Environmental Sciences, Resource Management
- Sound communication skills
- A commitment to health and safety
- Intermediate expertise in database use.
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Monday to Friday working week
- Personal health insurance
- Permanent position with job security
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.