Stockton Mine - Mobile Plant Pit Supervisor
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.ore.
Situated in the heart of the Buller region our employees enjoy a balance of work and leisure with local pursuits including a variety of water sports, mountain-biking, tramping, fishing, community activities and much more.
Reporting to the Mobile Plant Supervisor, this role is responsible for leading the team doing the maintenance and repairs for all mobile mining plant and equipment, with a commitment to comply with Health, Safety and Environment standards.
- Current roster is 5/2 roster, days only Sunday-Thursday (10 hours shifts)
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a supervisor position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
Skills & Requirements
- Trades Qualification as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Experience in leading a team of tradespeople
- Experience with maintenance of Heavy Machinery in specific Large Excavators
- A strong Health and Safety focus
- Proven diagnostic skills on heavy equipment
- Excellent attendance record
- Tidiness and good housekeeping is a must have
The Mobile Plant Team is a department with a variety of on-going tasks, focused on maintaining a productive mobile plant fleet.
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions you can contact Paul Creagh, Mobile Plant Manager on 03-7889784.
Applications close: 15 September 2019
A Pre-Employment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.