Stockton Mine - Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.ore.
Reporting to the Mobile Plant Supervisor, this role is responsible for maintenance and repairs for all mobile mining plant and equipment, with a commitment to comply with Health, Safety and Environment standards.
- Current roster is 7-on-7-off (12 hours shifts, 5 night-shifts every 4 weeks)
- Trades rates up to $41 gross per hour (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Participation in Profit Share Program
The successful candidate will ideally have recent experience in a similar position and be looking for an opportunity to join a progressive team to develop their skills and experience.
Skills & Requirements
- A Trades Qualification as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic
- Experience in the Mining Industry preferred
- A strong Health and Safety focus
- Proven diagnostic skills on heavy equipment
- Excellent attendance record
- Tidiness and good housekeeping is a must have
The Mobile Plant Team is a department with a variety of on-going tasks, focussed on maintaining a productive mobile plant fleet.
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
How to apply
If you are looking for a new opportunity within a hardworking and supportive team then please send your resume to email@example.com with reference “Stockton Heavy Diesel Mechanic”. For more information regarding the role, contact Paul Creagh – Mobile Plant Manager on 03 788 9784
Applications close: 15 September 2019
A Pre-Employment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.