Stockton Mine - Mining Operators
Bathurst Resources Ltd currently operates Stockton Opencast Mine which is located close to the coast on a plateau in the Buller coalfield, 35 km north of Westport. This is one of New Zealand’s largest mines with a long history of coal production and produces high value coal for export to the world’s leading steel makers.
Situated in the heart of the Buller region our employees enjoy a balance of work and leisure with local pursuits including a variety of water sports, mountain-biking, tramping, fishing, community activities and much more.
To strengthen our Mining Operations Team, we are filling the Fixed Term (18 months) positions of Mining Operators.
- Stockton Mine
- Fixed Term (18 months) Positions
- Multiple Opportunities Available
- Rosters: 7-on-7-off (10 hours) or 5/2 Mon-Friday (10 hours)
Reporting to a Mining Supervisor within a rostered crew, you will operate a range of mobile heavy equipment and vehicles. You will effectively operate this equipment by ensuring safe work practices are maintained, machinery is well looked after and pre-start reports are provided as required
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in operating one or more of the following pieces of equipment – Trucks, excavators, dozers (777, 1900, Dozers);
- Exposure to civil and or mining earthworks in a busy environment;
- A safety focus and ‘can do’ attitude
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
How to apply
If you are looking for a new opportunity within a hardworking and supportive team then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “Stockton Mining Operator”. For more information regarding the role, contact Paul (Jerry) Adams – Mining Operations Manager on 03 788 9827.
A Pre-Employment medical including Drug and Alcohol testing is part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.