Takitimu Mine - Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Our Takitimu Mine is located near the town of Nightcaps, 60km northwest of Invercargill and we are seeking a motivated person to be part be part of a growing team of friendly and professional people at our Takitimu Mine.
Reporting to the Workshop Foremen within a rostered crew, you will be responsible for conducting planned and unplanned maintenance of mobile and fixed plant machinery in accordance with the operating plan and daily operational needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to expand their skill base and is looking for a change. Being part of a small dynamic team, you will be responsible for repairing, servicing of all mobile and fixed plant, as well as maintaining our light vehicle fleet.
You will also assist fixed and mobile plant service activities to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act and any other relevant legislation as well as in compliance with company procedures to ensure that equipment failure and downtime is kept to a minimum.
Day to Day Duties
- Responsible for planned/unplanned maintenance of mobile and fixed plant machinery
- Assisting with the maintenance and servicing of a small Light Vehicle fleet
- Ensuring that targets are met, and quality is maintained.
Skills & Requirements
- Trades qualification in Diesel or Mechanical Engineering (Would consider applicants with other automotive qualifications and or practical experience in a related trade)
- Experience working on heavy diesel plant and mobile plant equipment
- Experience working on hydraulic machinery would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety
Culture & Benefits
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
- Monday to Friday work, some weekends as required
This is a residential based role. Candidates will be required to live locally or be willing to relocate.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter including which position to email@example.com.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.