Maramarua Mine - Heavy Machine Operators
Calling all Heavy Machine (WTR) Operators to join our team, we have multiple vacancies. Market leading pay-rates & hours.
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 550 people.
Maramarua is and opencast mine located in the Waikato region of New Zealand producing a low-ash, low sulphur thermal coal for the domestic market.
Integrated into one of the Mining Operations Crews, you will operate a range of Heavy Mining Equipment and Vehicles including a 200-tonne excavator, 100 tonne dump trucks and associated ancillary equipment. Our operation works on a set rotating shift roster. The successful applicant will be required to work a 2 shift pattern rotating day and night shifts on a 3 day, 3 night, 3 off basis
Skills & Requirements
- Experience operating heavy machinery (Dozers, Excavators, Graders and Loaders)
- Exposure to Civil and/or Mining earthworks in a production environment;
- The ability to work rotating day/night shift
- Flexible approach with a willingness to perform other tasks as required.
- Current full NZ Drivers License and reliable transport to get to and from site.
- Someone who lives or is willing to relocate near Huntly, I.e. Franklin, Hamilton.
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- Permanent position with job security
- An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send copy of your updated CV and cover letter to careers@BathurstResources.co.nz
Applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment, Drug and Alcohol Testing and Ministry of Justice checks.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position, Successful applicants must be willing to relocate.