Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Rotowaro Mine
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 600 people.
Our Rotowaro mine, located 10km west of Huntly is set to increase production and we are looking for Heavy Plant Operators to assist in our operation.
Integrated into one of the Mining Operations Crews, you will operate a range of Heavy Mining Equipment and Vehicles including a 200-tonne excavator, 100 tonne dump trucks and associated ancillary equipment. Our operation works on a set rotating shift roster. The successful applicant will be required to work a 5:2 shift pattern rotating day and night shifts on a weekly basis (weekdays with weekends as required).
Skills & Requirements
- Experience operating heavy machinery (Dozers, Excavators, Graders and Loaders)
- Exposure to Civil and/or Mining earthworks in a production environment;
- The ability to work rotating day/night shift
- Flexible approach with a willingness to perform other tasks as required.
- Current full NZ Drivers License and reliable transport to get to and from site.
- Someone who lives or is willing to relocate near Huntly, I.e. Franklin, Hamilton.
Benefits & Culture
- Market leading pay
- Health and life insurance
- Permanent position with job security
- An uncompromising commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
- Ability and support to progress within the business
This is a residential based role. Candidates will be required to live locally or be willing to relocate.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.