Canterbury Mine - Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 450 people. Our Canterbury Mine is located near the town of Darfield, 40km west of Christchurch.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Heavy Plant Mechanic/Fitter, supported by a team of mechanics/fitters, is responsible for conducting planned and unplanned maintenance of mobile and fixed plant machinery in accordance with the operating plan and daily operational needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to expand their skill base and is looking for a change. Being part of a small dynamic team, you will be responsible for repairing, servicing of all mobile and fixed plant, as well as maintaining our light vehicle fleet. Training will be provided
You will also assist fixed and mobile plant service activities to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act and any other relevant legislation as well as in compliance with company procedures to ensure that equipment failure and downtime is kept to a minimum.
Day to Day Duties
• Responsible for planned/unplanned maintenance of mobile and fixed plant machinery
• Assisting with the maintenance and servicing of a small Light Vehicle fleet
• Ensuring that targets are met and quality is maintained.
Sound good? Here's what we want from you
• Trades qualification in Diesel or Mechanical Engineering (Would consider applicants with other automotive qualifications and or practical experience in a related trade)
• Experience working on heavy diesel plant and mobile plant equipment
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• A strong commitment to Health and Safety
• The successful applicant will be willing to work the site roster from Monday-Friday with some weekend work as required.
Culture & Benefits
• Market leading pay
• Health and life insurance
• An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
• Ability and support to progress within the business
This is a residential based role. Candidates will be required to live locally or be willing to relocate.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter including which position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.