Maramarua Mine - Trades Assistant
Bathurst Resources is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company. We produce over 2.2 million tonnes of coal each year and proudly employ over 450 people.
Maramarua is and opencast mine located in the Waikato region of New Zealand producing a low-ash, low sulphur thermal coal for the domestic market.
Integrated into the Maintenance Crews, you will operate a Fuel/Service truck, responsible for ensuring that the mining equipment is fuelled and basic servicing is completed as required. Our operation works on a set rotating shift roster. The successful applicant will either work a 5:2 shift pattern (weekdays with weekends as required) or 6:3 shift pattern.
Skills & Requirements
• Experience operating heavy road trucks
• The ability to work rotating day/night shift
• Flexible approach with a willingness to perform other tasks as required.
• Current full NZ Drivers License and reliable transport to get to and from site.
• Someone who lives or is willing to relocate near Waikato.
• Exposure to Civil and/or Mining earthworks (advantageous)
Benefits & Culture
• Market leading pay
• Health and life insurance
• Permanent position with job security
• An uncompromised commitment to H&S and Zero Harm
• Ability and support to progress within the business
How to apply
If you are interested in this position please email a copy of your resume including a cover letter including which position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note successful candidates will be subject to preemployment drug and alcohol testing and a preemployment medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.