Chief Operating Officer
Bathurst Resources Limited is New Zealand’s largest specialist coal company.
We are committed to sustainable development where economic growth is coupled with respect for conservation and community values.
Bathurst has five operations across New Zealand with 550+ employees, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers for international and domestic markets.
We offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognise, and develop our employees.
We are currently seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join our team.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Operating Officer will be key in ensuring our short-term operational and long-term strategic goals are met.
- Establish processes so that a Safety mindset and systems are embraced by Operations teams.
- Lead a high performing Operational Leadership Team to ensure that production, schedule, and quality targets are met.
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally on a continuous basis and improve where required.
- Lead the annual budget planning process and on-going cost control across our operations to ensure budgets are met.
- Lead and manage risk management, operational performance, compliance, and assurance frameworks.
To be successful in the role your will have:
- Passionate about safety.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior role within the mining industry, previous experience at General Manager level is essential.
- Exceptional management and leadership skills with a high degree of accountability.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in implementing strategic plans, management policies, strategies, and system.
- Strong financial acumen including the ability to develop budgets and plans and be accountable to the plans, monitor and assess financial performance.
- Proven experience leading site improvement processes and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com or contact Carmen Dunick on 021 08874678
Subject to our pre-employment drug and alcohol testing and pre-employment medical, you must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Applications close 5pm, 13 July 2021